With some of the most prominent universities and academic institutions in the world, the UK has a long history of providing top-notch education. Access to a wide variety of academic programmes, chances for research and innovation, and a lively student environment are all benefits of studying in the UK. Furthermore, the UK provides an exceptional and thrilling study experience for international students, offering access to top employers and sectors, breath-taking scenery, and a rich history and culture. Let’s learn about UK student Visa in this blog.
The UK government offers all Indian students the option to study there, but first apply for a UK student visa. Whereas, your age and the kind of studies you want to undertake in the UK will determine the sort of visa you require.
We advise you to schedule your arrival based on the length of your course because if it is less than six months, you can come in the UK up to one week in advance, but if it is more than six months, you can arrive up to one month in advance.
If you want to apply for a UK student visa from India (also known as Tier 4 Visa), meet the following condition:
- Have an unconditional offer of a place on a course from a licenced sponsor / CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) reference number and documents used to get CAS.
- Valid English proficiency rating.
- Financial proof or demonstrating that you have the resources to support yourself and pay for your education.
Documents needed for your student visa in the UK
You will typically require the following when applying for your visa:
- A current passport or other acceptable form of travel authorization.
- Proof of sufficient funds for your course-related living expenses.
- Reference number and paperwork used to get a Confirmation of Admission for Study (CAS).
- Colour passport size photos.
- Screening for tuberculosis (mandatory for South Asian countries)
- Documentation of assessment
- Certificate of clearance for the Academic Technology Approval System (ATAS) (if required).
Translate all supporting documents that are not in English. Put date of every translation, display the name and signature of the translator, and declare that the translation is accurate.
Online student visa application for the UK
You must submit your online student visa application using the official Gov.UK website of the British government. Up to six months before the date you plan to come to the UK, you may submit an application. A reminder: The date your application fee is paid constitutes the date of your application.
How can we assist you with your requests for UK student visa?
We can give you advice on how to handle the complete process if you are a Shuraa student with an offer letter from one of our partner colleges in the UK. We’ll make sure you are fully aware of the most recent conditions and prerequisites for visas and help you put together the paperwork you’ll need to submit an application.
Types of UK Student Visa for Indian Students
Study Visa Types Student visa
This visa, like the previous Tier 4 visa, is intended for students who are at least 18 years old, and it has a 2- to 5-year validity period.
Student Visa for Children
For students aged 4 to 17 who have been offered a spot at an independent school in the UK.
Regular Visitor Visa
Short study courses can also be taken using the normal visiting visa, which is given to visitors to the UK similarly.
English education in the UK (short-term stay)
This visa allows you to stay in the UK for 6–11 months if you wish to study English there for longer than 6 months.
Advice about obtaining a student visa in the UK
- Don’t wait until the last minute to schedule your visa appointment because it usually takes at least 3 working weeks to obtain a student visa.
- Start applying for your visa six months in advance.
- When applying for a visa, you must have your university’s certificate of acceptance for study (CAS).
- Before submitting an application, confirm if the institute is accredited.
Courses that can be taken with a UK student visa
- A full-time programme that would assist in earning a credential below the level of a degree and scheduled daytime study for at least 15 hours per week.
- A full-time programme that would aid in earning a degree-level or higher certification.
- A full-time programme that uses the same platform as a UK higher education programme and would assist in earning a degree-level or higher diploma.
- A part-time course that could assist in earning a degree-level certificate.
- A reputable foundational course for PG dentists or doctors.
- A course in English at the B2 or above level of the Common European Framework of Reference.
Application Procedure for a UK Student Visa
The application process for a UK student visa entails multiple steps. Applications for UK study visa are handled in three weeks after they are submitted in full.
1. Checking whether you are eligible for a student visa is the first step. You must demonstrate that you have:
- A guaranteed spot at the college, institution, or school you plan to attend. It is called a ‘confirmation of acceptance for studies’ (CAS).
- Enough money (sometimes referred to as “maintenance or finances”) to pay for your tuition and living expenses while studying in the UK. Prepare your paperwork.
2. Apply online: On the official UK Visa website, you must register and set up an account. You must print and sign your completed online application after you’ve finished filling it out. To make a reservation at the visa application centre, use the online appointment calendar. You will get an email with your application number once you have finished your online application.
3. Pay your application fee in step four. You can pay for your visa application fee online – You can use a credit or debit card from Visa or MasterCard to pay your visa application fee online.
4. Attend the visa application centre on the designated date. To submit your application, a facial photograph, and fingerprints, you must schedule and show up for an appointment at the visa application centre.
Cost of a UK student visa
If students are applying from outside the UK, the fees for the UK Student Visa, formerly known as the Tier 4 Student Visa, is £363 (about Rs 35,595). However, you must also pay a healthcare premium, the amount of which is determined by how long you are staying.
UK Point-based Visa System
Students should be made aware that the UK Visa is a point-based visa and that it is mandatory for candidates to satisfy all immigration rules and have a total of 40 points.
|Students must be enrolled full-time in their study and possess a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies from an authorised student sponsor. (Minimum 15 hours of classroom study every week)||30 points|
|Students should have sufficient funds to pay their tuition and monthly living expenses. (Also known as maintenance or funds)||10 points|
UK Student Visa Part-time Work
For (UK Student Visa), students have the right to work up to 20 hours per week, and during breaks or the summer they can work full-time. Only if you are a student at a UK institution that is on both the list of “recognized bodies” and the official “UKBA Sponsor list.” Also, students should be aware that if their curriculum is less than the level of a UK degree, such as foundation or pre-sessional English, they can work 10 hours per week. Moreover, students on short-term study visas cannot work.
UK Student Visa: Dependents
Issuance of Dependent Visa for wife & children for the same period as the original application. This only applies to applications for master’s degrees. Your programme must be at least 9 months long and RQF level 7 or above. Whereas, dependents are not permissible for undergraduates visiting the United Kingdom.
Your dependents must apply as “dependent on a Points Based System migrant” if you hold a student visa. Each dependant must submit a unique application and pay a unique cost.
You must demonstrate an extra £845 (inside London) or £680 (outside London) for each dependent for each month that you are seeking for maintenance funds, up to a maximum of 9 months’ maintenance funds, in addition to your own maintenance funds. If you already have a scholarship, you can use it to pay the living expenses for your dependents. However, Scholarship letter can state that the funds can also assist your dependents.
Premium Visa Services
A typical UK study visa might take at least 3 weeks to process, but for an additional charge, students can choose the Priority Visa Service or the Super Priority Visa Service to speed up the procedure. Within five working days of receiving your biometric data, UK Visas and Immigration hopes to decide on your Priority Visa application and get in touch with you to let you know that your passport is ready. Within 24 hours, the Super Priority Visa Application is complete. However, candidates should be aware that this service costs extra on top of the visa application fee and that it is not refundable if a visa request is denied or, in rare circumstances, if processing takes longer than expected.
- The extra fee for a UK Priority Visa is £500.
- An extra £800 is required for the UK Super Priority Visa.
How can I find out where my application for a student visa to the UK stands?
The Embassy will review your application before informing you of the outcome. Your visa application may take two to three weeks to process, depending on your nationality. To prevent rejection, make sure that everything on your application is complete and not outstanding. Some situations could go on for a longer time. You can trace your application number using the receipt you receive. Moreover, you must use the reference number that was provided to you on the day of your visit. Those who use SMS services will receive both SMS and email notifications.
Study in UK with Shuraa
With the help of Shuraa Education UK consultants, you can register for a programme at a UK institution. We can help you arrange the documents required for applying to UK universities.
Additionally, we offer a wide range of services to help you enrol in a prestigious UK university. Our assistance ranges from guidance on selecting courses and colleges, applying for scholarships, obtaining student visas, and many more. We have everything you may need to study in the UK. You just need to get in touch with us.