Thanks to the simpler application processes and great perks, enrolling in an accounting and finance course in the UK is not difficult for Indian students. In fact, there were 452,225 non–EU students studying in the UK, with the number of first-year students from India increasing by 27% in the academic year 2020–21. As evident, the number of students increased significantly despite the pandemic.
Indian students receive a theoretical and practical understanding of finance fundamentals and learn how to prepare and analyse financial data in UK universities. Furthermore, they can pursue career opportunities like chartered accountancy, banking, insurance brokerage, financial advisory, financial trading, investment analysis, and tax advisory after pursuing accounting and finance degrees in the UK.
In this blog, we have included a comprehensive list of information in a step-by-step procedure. So, if you want to pursue an accounting and finance course in the UK, read on.
What Are the Benefits of Studying Accounting and Finance in the UK for Indian Students?
There are many reasons to pursue accounting and finance courses in UK after 12th, including the numerous employment prospects it offers and the highly transferable skills you will gain. Some of them are as follows:
- Some UK institutions offering accounting and finance courses are among the top ten prestigious universities in the world, such as The London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Universities in the UK have a stellar reputation for providing education of the highest calibre and offer a wide range of accounting and finance degrees. Therefore, there are employment opportunities in various businesses and industries. On top of it, salaries are highly competitive.
- You will learn from accounting practice specialists and benefit from real-world employers and scenarios integrated into your accounting and finance curriculum in the UK’s dynamic learning and research environment.
- Businesses in all sectors need accounting and finance experts to oversee their finances. An accounting or finance degree from a UK university will equip you with the knowledge and abilities necessary to work in an in-demand field.
- With a degree in accounting and finance, you’ll gain various transferable skills and internship opportunities in the UK. Such an experience can help you improve your resume and position you as an attractive candidate for several organisations.
- You can join a reputable organisation as a graduate trainee after earning an accounting and finance degree from a UK university. This way, you can pursue a structured training programme with evident career growth.
- For Indian students studying in the UK, many universities in the UK provide assistance with the English language.
- Through scholarships and other financial aid, Indian students studying in the UK can pay for their academic fees, accommodation, and daily expenses.
- The National Health Service is mandated to provide free medical care to Indian students studying in the UK and their spouses, partner, or dependent children living with them (NHS).
Where Can Indian Students Study Accounting and Finance in the UK?
After completing an accounting and finance course in the UK, you can develop original viewpoints and information on economics, mathematics, political science, psychology, and sociology. Each university will provide roughly the same modules covering specific subjects, such as bookkeeping, statistics, and credit and financial analytics.
Your introduction to important financial and economic principles in Year 1 will create the groundwork for all subsequent studies. Then, your understanding of corporate finance will grow in Year 2, while optional modules are also introduced. Later, you’ll focus on a one-year project in the third year, usually a dissertation.
Top-notch accounting and finance programmes are available at several UK universities, such as:
- Aberystwyth University
- London School of Economics
- University College London
- University of Bath
- University of Cambridge
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Bolton
- University of Leeds
- University of Oxford
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Warwick
We can assist you in selecting an excellent accounting and finance course from among the top UK colleges, in addition to thorough interview guidance and expert personal statement guidance.
How Can Indian Students Study in the UK?
There may be admission delays if the documentation and process for your application are incomplete. So, it would be best if you made sure the documents are complete and valid, apart from following the application process carefully. The necessary documentation and procedures are mentioned below in general:
Documentation is the preliminary and essential phase in the entire application process to study in the UK as an Indian student since every little detail counts. Some of the documents that you must provide to the appropriate authorities are given below:
- Current passport or other valid travel documentation
- Proof of funds to cover your living expenses for the duration of your course
- Passport-sized colour photographs
- Class 10th and 12th marksheets
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of recommendation
You might also need relevant documents if you’re under 18 or supporting one or more family members. Apart from this, you might need additional paperwork based on other criteria. The complete list of documents required for admission and scholarships at a UK university is available with our specialists.
To be able to study accounting and finance and live in the UK, Indian students must apply for a student visa. Let’s understand the specifications for visa application.
- There are many universities in the UK, but there are far more accounting and finance courses available in the UK. So, decide on the university you want to attend. Later, you will receive an acceptance letter after being accepted, which you will require for your visa application.
- Indian students must apply for either a Short-Term Study Visa or a General Student Visa, based on the duration of their accounting and finance courses.
- After confirming your eligibility, put together the required papers. You must also pass an English language test, SELT to be specific, to demonstrate that your spoken and written English satisfies British visa standards.
- Both in-person and online applications are accepted at the British Embassy in India. You can get procedural assistance from our professionals.
- It typically takes time to review all UK universities’ applications. You can pay the fees and submit the bank statement as soon as you receive your offer.
- Once you have an acceptance letter, you can also apply for relevant scholarships.
Study Accounting and Finance in the UK With Shuraa Education
Shuraa Education UK professionals can help you enrol in an accounting and finance course in the UK. We provide comprehensive assistance with applying to universities, including guidance with course selection, scholarships, student visas, and more. Moreover, our experts can assist you with the eligibility and paperwork. Just get in touch with us right away!